Monday, 13 August 2012

My neighbour's mom has been visiting over the last week as she has needed surgery for complications following a hysterectomy. Leading up to the surgery she was unable to eat any solid food and so I wanted to provide a nice treat for her when she returned from the hospital. Knowing that she is a conscientious eater and that my neighbour's partner is vegan, I adapted a blueberry muffin recipe I have to be made with flax instead of eggs and soy milk instead of dairy milk. The muffins were a hit and I believe a welcome part of their family gathering.

While I don't know Jim as having been a baker or cook, I saw how accommodating and caring he was. I can only imagine how great a neighbour he would have been as I have witnessed how great a father and grandfather he was.
--
Matthew Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment