Let me be the first to post a random act of kindness on my dad's memorial kindness blog!
July 20th - Walked by a young mother with toddler in stroller. Mother had run into someone and was trying to have a conversation. In response, Jr. was doing the bucking bronco while emitting the cry of the Banshee. I got down next to him and started singing one of my dad's faves...I know a little pussy, her coat is sliver grey, she lives down in the meadow, not very far away, although she is a pussy, she'll never be a cat, for she's a pussy willow, now what d'ya think of that? Meow meow meow meow SCAT! He loved it. The women were completely thrown but eventually got back to their conversation while the kid and I meowed ourselves silly. Kathleen
When I was working door to door in Montreal I stopped at an elderly man's house, and after giving my sales rep we really just started talking. He told me about his childhood, his education, and the second world war. I needed to keep going to other doors but I was genuinely interested and we kept talking for half an hour. I'm not sure if this was a random act of kindness on my part or on his part, but it's something we both appreciated.
ReplyDeleteJim's Grandson Stephen